Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Systems Biology at NIMBioS
(NEW!) Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Systems Biology at NIMBioS
The National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS), located at the Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville, is currently accepting applications for a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in computational biology with an interest in using systems approaches to solve problems in cell biology, cancer biology, immunology or development biology.
An applicant may propose to use modeling, simulation, or analysis to produce useful biological information and concepts that current theories cannot provide. The proposed study should address biological problems involving complexity and dynamics of networks at molecular and/or cellular levels. Examples of the biological topics include, but are not limited to:
• Cell cycle progression, cellular senescence, cell differentiation and death.
• Plasticity of cells during development or cancer progression.
• Cancer metastasis and dormancy.
• Dynamical response of immune system (including response to viral infection).
• Development of immune cells.
• Embryonic development.
• General theories concerning biological networks.
Examples of the proposed computational methods include, but are not limited to:
• Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE), Partial Differential Equation (PDE), and stochastic methods.
• Multiscale modeling.
• Spatiotemporal dynamical modeling.
• Parameter optimization.
• Analysis using bifurcation theory, landscape theory, and parameter-free methods.
• Processing of omics data for dynamical modeling (e.g., genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic data).
• Integration of multiscale data for dynamical modeling (e.g. transcriptomic, epigenomic, subcellular, cellular data).
Support: annual stipend of $51,000, full University of Tennessee employee fringe benefits, and an annual travel allowance of $3,000.
Deadline: The deadline for fellowship research beginning as early as late spring 2017 is December 11, 2016. All letters of recommendation must be submitted before the request deadline.
How to apply: Follow the guidelines at http://www.nimbios.org/positions/