Network clustering is discussed in graph-based models in Wikipedia's entry on Clustering analysis.
- Hierarchical clustering using distance matrix
- Xu,Xiaowei, Yuruk, Nurcan, Feng Zhidan, Schweiger Thomas, SCAN: A structural clustering algotihm for networks.
- Min-max cut method, C. Ding, X. He, H. Zha, M. Gu, and H. Simon, “A min-maxcut algorithm for graph partitioning and data clustering”, Proc. of ICDM 2001.
- Normalized cut, J. Shi and J. Malik, “Normalized cuts and imagesegmentation”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol 22, No. 8, 2000.
- Maximization of modularity, M. E. J. Newman and M. Girvan, “Finding and evaluating
community structure in networks”, Phys. Rev. E 69, 026113, (2004).
Modularity can be calculated in igraph.
- Markov chain clustering (MCL)