Monday, December 1, 2014

bio233, student project presentations

From 2-5pm. There were 12 presentations in bio233 today. This seems to be the best learning experience that I have had for a long time. Some students really spent time on their research and exploration.

Some students present a research paper, some presented a research proposal. For the research proposal, the research plan lacks molecular detail and quantitative rigorousness. (I should provide two rubic next time. One on paper and one on proposal. My 2011 and 2012 research proposal presentations worked much better because I had more time to lead the students worked on their research project along the semester.)

Short presentations often do not touch details. When student discuss experiments in details, they often ran overtime.

One student did not prepare an ppt presentation. She indeed scripted her talk. I made PPT an explicit requirement in the syllabus.




No comments:

Post a Comment