Monday, January 14, 2013

Sharing internet connection through wireless on a Mountain Lion laptop

 On the Mountain Lion laptop (biolaptopmac2), I went to system preference, opened sharing, chose internet sharing through WiFi.  This laptop was connected to internet through an Ethernet cable.

On my iPad, I select the biolaptopmac2 wireless network, and the internet connection works.

Later, I figure to set up a password protected wireless network, I should do this: Open "sharing", click "Wi-Fi Options", specify a wireless network name, and choose WPA, input password twice. The passwords have to be longer enough to make "OK" highlighted. After "OK", choose "Internet Sharing".  This way, I can created a password-protected wireless network using the Mountain Lion laptop.

Reference
http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_wirelessly_share_internet_connection_mac

1 comment:

  1. Now a days everyone should connect internet with their computer.I think sharing internet connection through wireless with Mountain Lion Laptop is one of the best way of them.Good luck.
    Social Bookmarking Sites list

    ReplyDelete