Monday, October 20, 2014

bio233, counting sectioned colonies for serial dilution lab

I took pictures of the MLA plates.

Students were given 3 marker pens with different colors and a tally to count colonies. Many students ask for more tallies. (I need to order more tallies next time).

Many students for some reasons did not input their data to GoogleDoc spread sheets. It seemed that some wrote in their notebook or just some piece of paper that were available to them. The counting and calculation took more than 2 hours.

I did not have time to merge the data and do regression analysis. I showed some students how to install R and Rstudio. The wireless connection took a long time for some student download R and Rstudio.

No comments:

Post a Comment